Saturday, November 21, 2009

Update!

So, no fun going on here. Baby is great. He/she is starting to move a lot lately. I, am not nearly as lucky. I get to move from the bed to the bathroom and back again. I am on unofficially bedrest. I have a huge blood clot in my leg and the pain is so severe I can't stand on it longer than that! I am giving myself blood thinner shots every 12 hours until the baby is born, if not longer. I had a follow-up appointment and Wednesday with my dr and he admitted me to the hospital for IV fluid and pain meds. I am currently trying to wean off the IV meds and start taking meds by mouth instead so I can get home. Right now my goal is to make it home before Thanksgiving. Today has been a good day. I only needed IV meds once and have been able to keep my pain under control. Hopefully, I will be home soon. I will probably have to stay in a hospital bed downstairs for awhile until I can learn to tolerate my pain and walk up and down the stairs. Oh well, a baby will definetely by worth it!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Our prayers are with you. That baby is going to be well worth it!! Stay strong. We love you.

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

Kimi,

I am so sorry! You sound pretty upbeat for being in the hospital!
It will soon be a distant memory, but in the mean time stay tough!!

love,
liz

Tory and Elizabeth said...

You need to get out of there so Chris can drop you off at my house so me and the munchkins can entertain you and give you all sorts of yummy foods.